I Think He’s The One…Or Is He?
Have you found yourself going over a long list of qualities that you desire in a man? Or have you met the one that you think is right for you, only to wonder if he is really the one God has sent? Although you may have desires for your mate that are absolutes, the man that is perfect for you is the one that God has selected for you.
If you are in a place where you are in a new relationship or desiring one, here are 3 tips to consider to know if he is the one or not:
- Does he have passion for God? One way to know he is the one is seeing a true passion for God, where God is first in his life. If God is first, then he will respect your passion for God, morals, and values in the relationship. The right one will not cause you to stray away from godliness (2 Corinthians 6:14). What does his prayer life, worship, and devotional life look like? Take time to discern and make sure that the pursuit of God is the most important thing to ensure you are on the right path (Proverbs 3:5-6).
- Can you trust him? Trust is a huge part of being in a relationship. Communicating, making sure your actions match your words, and being integral are sure ways to measure trust and encourage the building of mutual love and respect (John 10:37). Here are some questions to consider regarding trust:
- Does he protect you, cherish you, and support you?
- Does he lead you with godly wisdom?
- Are you comfortable sharing your goals and dreams with him?
- Does he celebrate you as you fulfill your God-given destiny?
- Does he embrace your authenticity? A lot of times, women feel as if their past disqualifies them from a promising relationship with the one God presents. This is further from the truth. The one that God sends will sharpen the authentic you through affirmation and support (Proverbs 27:17). This means he is not ashamed of your testimony. In fact, he encourages the God in you to shine! You will know he is the one when he stays committed through all challenges and falls in love with you even more from it all (Romans 8:28).
Whether you are in a new relationship or desiring one, remember to pray and ask God if he is the one. Be open and follow whatever God speaks or shows you. Are there any tips that you can add? Please share!