8 Questions to Ask on a First Date
See when I opened myself up to dating, I already knew in my mind that my goal was to get married. So I’m not going to waste 5 dates with someone that doesn’t want to get married.
I’m not a time waster and I would hate to waste someone else’s time. That’s why I came up with these 7 first date questions.
1. Do you have a relationship with Christ?
2. Who holds you accountable with your walk?
With these questions, I’m trying to figure out IF HE/SHE KNOWS JESUS? Does he/she have a relationship with him? Does he/she just attend church and sit in the back row or does he actually involve himself/herself with the church? Are we equally yoked? If not, thanks but no thanks!
3. How’s your relationship with your parents?
4. How do you feel about marriage?
These are the questions you ask to find out about his views on relationships and how well he maintains them.
5. What are your core values?
6. Have you identified your purpose, your calling? Spiritual gifts?
It’s important to know what keeps him/her grounded. What directions does God have him/her going in? If you’re going to be someone’s help meet, you need to know what you’re helping with.
7. Are you having sex or have you decided to wait until you’re married?
8. What type of boundaries do you have in place when dealing with the opposite sex?
This will help you learn about his/her sexual history and also how they deal with the opposite sex. I mean, are they just all out here all “willy nilly” or do they have self-control?
The list of questions you can ask on date are endless, the most important thing is to just ASK them.
When you decide to enter into a relationship with someone, you’re in relationship with their heart, their soul, their decisions, their past and their future.
So when I started thinking about it that way, I knew I would have to learn to ask the hard questions upfront if I didn’t want to waste time. So what if they run scared, mission accomplished and if they don’t, well, then there’s potential.
What questions would you ask on a first date?