5 Ways Moms and Wives are Changing the World
This one is for the ladies out there, for the mommies and wives. You are called to change the world! I want to take just a few moments to encourage you today to keep going. As I headed to Starbucks to work today after dropping my son to preschool, I thought to myself, I am just a mommy trying to change the world. I, like so many other women, wear many hats. I have the joy of leading a mentorship program and international ministry, directing a consulting and coaching business, and then have the honor of being married to an ambitious amazing man of God and mommy to two of the world’s most delightful children.
Out of everything I do, I have realized that being a mom and a wife in this season are the most important. Don’t get me wrong, it is important I fulfill the call of God on my life, advance my career and make money. But, being a wife and a mother has a great rewards that we often overlook and here are 5 of them:
1. As a wife and a mother– You partner with God in birthing the destinies of your children and the hopes of your spouse. Moms are wired to find treasure in people and propel them.
2. As a mother– You help teach children about who God is; you get to release the legacy of God through your children. You raise arrows that will go and transform nations.
3. As a wife– You have the honor of loving a man, holding his deepest secrets, pains and goals and then turning them into triumphs. Every man just needs one woman to believe in them to change the world, and you have the privilege of doing that as a wife.
4. As a wife and mother– You get to create a place of peace and joy. You can open your home up to those who have no families, who are poor in spirit, and by your decorations, cooking and loving hugs, you can heal hearts.
5. As a wife and mother– You have the gift of femininity, the super power that is fierce yet gentle. You can cut heads off in the spirit through your prayers and disarm the most powerful of men with your smile and hugs. You have been wired to change the world through your gentle touch and wisdom. You are wired for greatness, even if you feel like what you are doing is small. Remember, the little ones diaper you are changing could be the next world leader. The hand you are holding at night could be the greatest revivalist the world has seen.
You are important.
Your work is invaluable.
What you are doing is being recorded in heaven. Cheers!