5 Scriptures to Shift Your Focus While Single
Your single season is an important season. Often we miss the lesson in the season because we are distracted by status more than we are focused on God. Distractions are dangerous because it pulls us away from God. Distractions will have you in a place of trying to manipulate the promise. Your mate will come at the opportune time that God has designed. No sooner or later.
Don’t miss the blessings by getting ahead of God. Stay in in alignment with His will. Pull away from the noise: TV, social media, cellphone, etc. Only you know what causes you to be distracted. Don’t lose focus looking at your status. Keep your eyes on the Lord and in due season you will reap a harvest.
1. 1 Corinthians 7:35 “I am saying this for your benefit, not to place restrictions on you. I want you to do whatever will help you serve the Lord best, with as few distractions as possible.”
2. Romans 12:2 Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.
3. Hebrews 12:2 “… fixing our attention on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of the faith, who, in view of the joy set before him, endured the cross, disregarding its shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.”
4. Mark 6:31 ‘Then Jesus said, “Let’s go off by ourselves to a quiet place and rest awhile.” He said this because there were so many people coming and going that Jesus and his apostles didn’t even have time to eat.’
5. Ephesians 6:11 “Clothe yourselves with the full armor of God so that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil.”